Come join the charming city of Paris for the 3rd Annual Eiffel Tower Triathlon race you are sure to fall in love with!
Saturday June 11th 2022
East Lake Park
No Official Address - GPS Coordinates: (39.638251, -87.688860)
500 Meter Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run
1500 Meter Swim, 40k Bike, 10k RunWater Temp - 6/11/21 - 84 degrees - wetsuits are illegal when exceeding 78 degrees
Since we are a USA Triathlon certified event athletes must follow all USAT rules which can be found here: USAT Rules
It's time to fall in love with swimming, biking, and running at the Eiffel Tower Triathlon! Come visit the charming town of Paris, IL for their triathlon which sports a fantastic course with awesome race swag themed in a memorable landmark of Paris!
All Eiffel Tower Triathletes will receive all of the following awesome gear / experiences!
- A comfy 50/50 Eiffel Tower Triathlon t-shirt*
- A custom printed bib#
- A race swim cap
- The coolest post race Eiffel Tower awards for overall and age group athletes
- Post race food and refreshments
- Chip timing to calculate your 5 splits
- Custom printed finisher receipts
*Our guarenteed t-shirt cutoff is June 5th. Although we will order extras if you register after this date you are not guarenteed a race t-shirt. $5 Price Increases Will Take Place On The Following Dates
- February 6th
- April 6th
- June 6th
- Race Day
All Times are for Central Time Zone
- Transition Opens - 6:00 a.m.
- Race Day Packet Pickup and Registration - 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
(There will be a $5 increase for race day registrations)
- Transition closes - 7:45 a.m.
- Pre-race meeting at the beach - 7:45 a.m.
- Olympic race start - 8:00 a.m.
- Sprint race start - 9:00 a.m.
- Post-race meals and refreshments served - 10:00 a.m.
- Olympic awards - 11:00 a.m.
- Sprint awards - 11:30 a.m.
- Olympic - The swim will be a 2 lap course of 750 meters per lap
- Sprint - The swim will be a 1 lap course of 500 meters
The swim is an out and back along a line of buoys. Participants will start to the left of the buoys and will swim a clockwise loop around the buoys.
- The bike course for both the sprint and olympic will exit from East Lake Park turning right onto Route 1 for approximately 1 mile before then turning left onto 1200 N. The sprint athletes will turn around on 1200 N. and proceed back the way they came. The olympic athletes will continue to proceed on 1200 N until they amost reach Redmond where they will turn right onto 600 E. Olympic athletes will turn around on 600 E. and proceed back the way they came. Both bike courses take place on low traffic country roads that are smooth, flat, and fast. Please be aware that the course is open to traffic and to ride on the right side of the road. There will be police officers located at all major intersections along the course.
- Both the sprint and the olympic distance will take place on the same 5k loop. The sprint distance will do this loop once while the olympic does it twice. This loop is very flat with a small hill in Twin Lakes park. The 5k loop will take place in / around the roads of East Lake Park, athletes will then cross Route 1 and proceed to Twin Lakes park where they will preform a loop and proceed back to East Lake Park. There will be officers located at both locations where athletes cross route 1. There will be an aid station when you exit transition and an aid station in Twin Lakes Park with water and gatorade. You will pass aid stations 4 times per 5k loop. Although traffic within the parks will be very low please be aware they are still open to traffic.
East Lake Park Parking Lot - (39.638251, -87.688860)
We will have parking at the East Lake Parking lot where all race activities. The advantage here is that you are incredibly close to all race activities however since this parking lot is based directly on the main area for the event it will be completely closed until after the event is over which is noon. So if you do indeed plan to park here please just be aware you will not be able to leave until approximately noon.
Twin Lakes Park / Splash Park - 4 Twin Lakes Dr, Paris, IL 61944
Twin Lakes Park and the splash park is where part of the run will be taking place and is a much lower traffic area. If you would like to park here it is just under 1 mile from the transition / start area and would be an easy bike ride over. If you do choose to park here you will be able to leave at anytime you would like!
Pool's True Value - 11703 IL-1, Paris, IL 61944
Pool's True Value has also given participants permission to park in their parking lot and like with Twin Lakes Park you will be able to leave at anytime you would like. This parking lot is also just under 1 mile from the transition / start area.
If you are coming with family members another option would be for them to drop you off at East Lake Park and then proceed to park at either Twin Lakes or Pool's True Value if you would like to leave early!